Friday, July 11, 2008

A Plea to Electronic Arts


If you care at all about the growth of soccer in North America, please please make a version of your next FIFA game available on Mac computers. While Apple users currently only make up less than ten percent of all home computer users, this number is growing rapidly. There is no better way for kids to learn the players and rules of a game than from video games, honestly. How the hell would I know who Felix the Cat Potvin, Teemu Selanne and Jeremy Roenick were if they hadn't been on NHL '94 that I played on Sega growing up? It's the same with soccer. I routinely say, hey, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, he's on Ajax, right? Wrong, dumbass, my more knowledgeable friends say, he's been on Juventus and Inter since 2004. Yeah, well he was on Ajax on FIFA '04, which is how I learned the majority of my player names and associations.

So for the love of God EA, put FIFA games on Macs. You'll let a bunch of new kids get a chance to learn about the game and you'll give those of us who are old enough to have our own Apple machines get back the specifics on the starting eleven at Grasshoppers, BSC Young Boys and Queen's Park Rangers.

No comments: